It was all doom in the last blog, but I think I have survived the crisis. I'm just plodding on now. I cut away some material from the underside of the wobbly board with scrubplane and gouges, until it didn't wobble anymore. Then I finished the middle board, lots of planing in that one too, but because it is narrower it went a lot quicker. Then I finished all the ends, sawing to length and planing the endgrain smooth. I reduced the width of both large boards a bit for better proportions, had to rip one board and use the drawknife on the life edge of the other one. And finally, I am starting to get used to the look of the large stain. And this is where I am now.