Monday, October 7, 2013

Some small changes to the saw handle

When I was looking at the pictures of the saw handle yesterday, I wasn't happy with how it looked. The upper horn was way too fat and bulky. The curves leading up to the point of the upper horn weren't very smooth either. And the chamfer around the round part with the sawscrews kind of didn't flow.

Weird how you don't see these things when you are working on it, but it is glaringly obvious in a picture. So, just before bedtime I went out to the shop again and spent some time with rasp and sandpaper to make things better. With a coat of oil it now looks like this. Much better I think, allthough I didn't remove much wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment